Sunday, October 5, 2008

Were we ever busy today. Christina woke up at around 4 for a bottle, Joey woke up at 6 and got in bed with us. He kept kicking me in the head so I gave up and went downstairs to make some very strong coffee. We went over to Joe's old house and put out some for rent flyers, we decided it would be too much to try to sell two houses at one time. Joe put up our banner for our community yard sale next Saturday, I am hoping we get rid of lots and lots of stuff. Joe had to leave in the middle of Sunday to go out of town to work and speak at AFCOM, so after he left we took Joey's tools to the playset in the backyard and pretended like we were building until I couldn't take the mosquitoes anymore (the children's bug repellent is only 4% deet and it doesn't keep our gargantuan sized bugs away), then we took Joey's big wheel outside and he played with the kids across the street (he can't reach the pedals yet so he scooted it around with his feet). Then we had dinner (yogurt, half a banana, and garlic bread...hey, no comments please, sometimes I am just lucky to get him to eat). Same with bathtime, I thought by giving him a choice he would be forced to pick something, I guess he's getting too smart for that. I asked Joey if he wanted the big tub (our tub with the jets) or the little tub (his tub), so he said "no". I repeated the question, throwing the shower in there, and just "no" again. I finally did get him in the bath at 8:30. I had to go looking all over for my phone - he talked to Daddy on the phone tonight and ran away with it, so Joe just had to hang up. Here are some other things we did tonight and over the weekend:

Christina tried rice cereal, she doesn't know what to do with it so she's just spitting it out. I'll keep trying .. she also went into the bouncer for the first time, she enjoyed it for about 10 minutes and then got mad.

Here is Joey, he insisted he got to go into the bouncer too, he is chomping on a teether, see his legs hanging over?..I guess he's still feeling like sometimes he wants to be the baby too.

Emily was over this weekend and she rode the big wheel by herself around the kitchen island and talked about how much fun it was..then she piled on pillows for Joey to sit up on and drove him around...they are so cute together

Here is Joey and his Bob the Builder tool belt, he is such a little worker.

And here is Joey changing the baby's diaper. He gets a wipe , wipes the baby, and then hollers for me to help him because he can't figure out the tabs on the diapers yet...

No comments: