Monday, August 25, 2008

About Me

My name is Cathy and I am a lucky lucky mom to two BEAUTIFUL children, Joey who is 22 months old, and Christina, almost 3 months old. I also have an INCREDIBLE stepdaughter, Emily, who is almost 13 years old. I am creating this blog to keep my friends and family updated on what is going on in our children's lives, and what is going on in our lives (which would be our children's lives), and to create an online diary of all the cute things they say and do.

A little about me...I am in the AMA club (some of you will know what that is). I had Joey at age 39, one week before my 40th birthday, and Christina at age 41. I was divorced at age 37 and never thought I would ever get re-married, much less have TWO children. I met my husband Joe online and we had our first date at Bahama Breeze. He wanted our initial meeting to be dinner, I just wanted to meet for a drink. I had two drinks and we saw each other all the time after that. We did things a little backwards, we honeymooned in Maui, bought our house, and were expecting a baby all before we were married. We've been married now a little over two years and boy have we had a lot going on. Two kids, a new house, and two new jobs. How quickly life can change.



My son Joey is very very smart, he's not even two yet and he's figured out all the childproof locks - so I've had to install the magnetic ones. He talks up a storm and repeats a lot of what we say, word for word. He loves Elmo and Big Bird, and is starting to learn his colors and numbers (thanks for the help PBS). He also loves choo choo's and has endless energy.



My daughter Christina is absolutely beautiful, She has darker hair and a darker skin tone but looks like Joey. She's about 13 lbs and I think she's going to be smart too. I'm glad they are close in age, Joey calls her "my baby" and kisses her and holds her hand all the time.



My stepdaughter Emily is fantastic, she's a straight A student and involved in drama and band. She's also played soccer and has been in cheerleading. I think she's got a bright future ahead of her. She is so good with Joey, she taught him to play hide and seek one of the last times she was over.

So I think I am one of the luckiest women on the planet, I have a wonderful loving husband and great kids. Not a bad commute to work, and a nice house. How much better than that can it get?

No comments: